iClicker Faculty FAQ
One of my students cannot see their iClicker scores, what could be causing this?
There could be a couple of different reasons as to why a student can’t see their iClicker scores.
- a student must register their iClicker within a Canvas course, a one time registration, in order to see their iClicker scores. Student instructions for registering their i>clicker.
- If a student has registered their iClicker within Canvas, their name should be blue in the iClicker gradebook. If the student’s name appears red in the gradebook, re-sync the roster in the iClicker gradebook by clicking on the Sync Roster button within the iClicker gradebook. After the gradebook has been re-synced, the iClicker scores will have to be synced with Canvas by clicking on the Sync scores button within the iClicker gradebook.
A student contacted me saying they don’t have scores for some of the iClicker sessions prior to them registering their iClicker. How can I get that student their scores?
If a student registered their iClicker after a session was uploaded into Canvas, the iClicker roster will need to be re-synced within the iClicker gradebook by clicking on the Sync Roster button. After the roster has been updated, click on the Sync Scores button in the iClicker gradebook to re-uploaded the scores into Canvas for the session(s).
Note: If the iClicker session scores are being synced into a single total (aggregate) column within Canvas, make sure all iClicker sessions are selected in the iClicker software prior to syncing the scores into Canvas.
What options do I have for uploading my iClicker scores?
There are several options when syncing scores from iClicker to Canvas.
- Scores can be uploaded as each individual iClicker session
- Scores can be uploaded as one single column with the total (aggregate) points
- Points can be calculated as performance and participation points combined into a single column
- Points can be calculated as performance points and participation points separated into their own columns
- Points can be uploaded as performance points in a single column
- Points can be uploaded as participation points in a single column
I have a course with multiple sections and every time I upload scores, students in the other section(s) receive a zero.
By default, the i>clicker software will upload a zero for anyone who doesn’t use their i>clicker in a session. If there are multiple sections in a course, please contact us at CanvasHelp@colostate.edu and we will help you set up a work around so that students do not receive a zero every time new session information is uploaded into Canvas.
Can iClicker points be used as Extra Credit within Canvas?
There are a few options on how to set up iClicker points as Extra Credit. Options will vary depending on how Instructors want to display these points in Canvas.
Please contact us at CanvasHelp@colostate.edu with questions on Extra Credit with iClicker points in Canvas.
Where do I get the iClicker Software?
The iClicker software must be downloaded from the CSU iClicker website.
Do I need to do anything to my Canvas course if I am going to use iClicker?
Yes, in order to use iClicker in Canvas, the iClicker navigation button must be enabled for each Canvas course that will be using iClicker. In addition, the iClicker software will need to be set up to link to the CSU Canvas Course.